Abstract submission for ECP 2017 is closed. Thank you very much for your contribution.
The Scientific Committee invites you to participate actively in this congress which will be an extraordinary occasion for the exchange of thoughts and experiences. We look forward to receiving abstracts online for consideration and inclusion in the scientific programme as oral or poster presentation.
The submitted abstracts should give a brief description of the title and topic. All abstracts will be reviewed by members of the working groups and/or the Scientific Committee.
The reviewers will judge the abstracts according to the relevance to ESP, standard of English, objectivity of statement, description of what was done, suitability of methods to aims, conclusions confirmed by objective results, ethics, scientific value, potential clinical value, originality of work and overall impression.
All accepted abstracts will be published in an abstract book which is a supplement to Virchows Archiv, and online on the congress website www.esp-congress.org.
The deadline for abstract submission was 5 April 2017.
Guidelines for preparation and submission
- Please choose a title that clearly indicates the content of the contribution.
- Please avoid abbreviations in the title. Abbreviations may be used in the text if they are defined when used first.
- The author‘s name (full first name, family name) and place of work (institution, city, country) should be indicated. Degrees, titles, street addresses and acknowledgements of support should be omitted, however.
To provide maximum information in the abstract please
- state the specific objective of the study
- state the methods used, if pertinent
- summarise the results obtained
- state the conclusions reached
- ensure that the abstract does not contain spelling, grammar or scientific errors, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted.
- A maximum of 5 abstracts per author will be accepted for submission. Additional submissions will not be considered (without further notice).
- An abstract which has been previously published cannot be submitted, unless there are new methods, findings, updated data or other acceptable reasons for submitting.
- Abstracts are to be submitted in English, the official language of the 29th European Congress of Pathology, should not exceed 200 words and be structured in the following specified subtitles: Objective, Methods, Results and Conclusion.
- Case reports should also be structured as much as possible following the aforementioned categories. If not possible, the authors should upload the abstracts using the most appropriate categories (in the respective text boxes in the submission form).
- The abstract submission constitutes a formal commitment by the author to present the corresponding presentation in the session and time slot assigned by the Scientific Committee.
- Changes in authorship should be communicated to the Scientific Committee in order to ensure correct appearance in the printed programme.
- If the author is unable to present his poster or has more than 2 poster presentations on one day, one of the coauthors should take over this responsibility. The change of the presenting author needs to be communicated to the Scientific Committee.
- Registration to the Congress is compulsory to be able to present the abstract and get it published in the abstract book – and must be completed by 29 June 2017. If the speaker fails to register and pay before 29 June 2017, his / her abstract will be excluded from the scientific programme and publication in Virchows Archiv.
- If a delegate has registered upon the condition that his / her abstract is accepted and the abstract is rejected, the registration fee will be refunded. The acceptance of abstracts by the Scientific Committee does not imply any financial assistance or fee reduction.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection by the Scientific Committee will be mailed to the presenting author. Detailed information in which format the abstract is accepted (poster presentation or oral presentation), guidelines and recommendations for poster presentation, oral presentation as well as time allotment, date, hour, and venue will be sent in due time to registered presenting authors.
When submitting an abstract, please choose one of the following topics:
1. Breast Pathology
2. Cardiovascular Pathology
5. Digestive Diseases Pathology
- GI Pathology
- Liver and Pancreas
6. Electron Microscopy
7. Endocrine Pathology
8. Gynaecological Pathology
10. Head and Neck Pathology
11. History of Pathology
12. Infectious Diseases Pathology
13. IT in Pathology
14. Molecular Pathology
17. Ophthalmic Pathology
18. Paediatric and Perinatal Pathology
19. Pathology in Favour of Developing Countries
20. Pulmonary Pathology
21. Soft Tissue and Bone Pathology
22. Thymic and Mediastinal Pathology
24. Other Topics
25. Autopsy Pathology